We are looking for someone to design, build and codify our next-generation cloud architecture! As part of the Platform Engineering team, you will be working closely with senior technical leads in the implementation of our new infrastructure platform. We’ve learned a lot during our company’s rapid growth, and are now going to think BIG and re-imagine the future of the infrastructure on which everything else will run.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Provisioning cloud infrastructure in AWS using infrastructure as code (Vagrant, Terraform, Ansible, Tower, Packer, and Github)
- Developing, deploying, and maintaining tools built from the ground up in support of self-service, quality, security, and compliance initiatives.
- Consulting with engineering teams to help them leverage our platform and tools on which to run their applications
- Collaborating with product, architecture, and engineering groups to build a self-service platform that streamlines application developer productivity and throughput
- Participating in metrics gathering, monitoring, and alerting activities, as well as serving on-call rotations with tools such as DataDog, New Relic, Sumo Logic, Raygun, and OpsGenie.
- Defining, building and maintaining SLIs and SLOs to improve system observability.
- Creating pipelines and automation to deploy containerized applications onto Kubernetes or Nomad clusters
- Solving new problems with modern technologies such as HashiCorp Consul, Nomad, and Vault.
- Analyze resource requirements and usage, and suggest options to optimize and cut costs.
What We’ll Expect From You
- Excellent problem solving & analytical skills, with a high degree of proficiency and/or mastery in Windows Server and Linux administration.
- Experience with web application software development and production operations in an always up, always available environment.
- Experience with networks, security groups, load balancers, DNS, and other infrastructure components.
- Proficiency with IaC tools such as Terraform, Ansible, Packer, and Vagrant in a cloud environment.
- Experience implementing and supporting a containerization platform with tools such as Docker, Nomad, and Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of security and compliance best practices.
- Proficiency in scripting in BASH, Python, Powershell, and other languages.
- Experience supporting build/deploy pipelines and Git workflows.
Nice to Have
- Prior hands-on experience with Hashicorp products
- Expertise in Postgres, Redis, Kafka and Elasticsearch
- A firm grasp of event-driven architectures, CQRS, and service mesh
What's Important to Olo
- Our families come first. We know they make us who we are and they are who we live and work for every day.
- Olo is our extended family. We’re in this together, fighting for one another. We’re happy to be here. We will not let one another down.
- We learn from and fight through setbacks. We recognize and help one another with direct feedback.
- We care about you. We offer 20 days of paid time off, fully paid health, dental and vision care premiums, stock options, a generous parental leave plan.
- We value diversity. At Olo, we know a diverse and inclusive team not only makes our products better, but our workplace better. Many groups are consistently underrepresented across the tech sector and we are fully committed to doing our part to move the needle.
- Learn more about our culture, values, and mission. https://www.olo.com/images/culture.jpg.
Olo is committed to the well-being of candidates, employees and our community. The Olo NYC Headquarters will be closed for the foreseeable future because of the global outbreak of COVID-19. While an in-person interview is typical for many roles at Olo, we will conduct interviews via video conferencing while our HQ is closed. Olo benefits from the fact that over half of our workforce is remote, therefore we are accustomed to conducting interviews via video conferencing and we anticipate no impact on our recruiting timelines. We encourage candidates to share any concerns or questions with Olo’s recruiting team. About Olo Olo powers digital ordering and delivery programs that connect restaurant brands to the on-demand world, placing orders directly into the restaurant through all order origination points – from a brand’s own website or app, third party marketplaces, social media platforms, smart speakers, and home assistants. Olo serves as the on-demand ordering and delivery platform for over 300 brands, such as Applebee’s, Checkers & Rally’s, Cheesecake Factory, Chili’s, Dairy Queen, Denny’s, Five Guys Burgers & Fries, Jamba Juice, Noodles & Company, Portillo’s Hot Dogs, Shake Shack, sweetgreen, Wingstop, and more. Learn more at www.olo.com. Olo's headquarters is located on the 82nd floor of One World Trade Center. We offer great benefits, such as 20 days of Paid Time Off, fully paid health, dental and vision care premiums, stock options, a generous parental leave plan, and perks like FitBits, rotating craft beers on tap in our kitchen, and food events featuring our clients' menu items (now you know why we give out FitBits!). Check out our culture map:https://www.olo.com/images/culture.jpg.
We encourage you to apply!
Olo is an equal opportunity employer and diversity is highly valued at our company. All applicants receive consideration for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you like what you read, hear, and/or know about Olo, and want to be a part of our team, please do not hesitate to apply! We are excited to hear from you!