WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
The Engineering team is seeking an experienced Full Stack Engineer with 3-5+ years of experience, who can be effective on all levels of our application stack, and is willing to play all necessary roles such as architect, tech lead, code reviewer, Agile coach, and mentor.
In short, we want to bring experienced engineers in to make key decisions regarding technology, architecture, and culture.
You’re a great fit for our team if you can balance detail-oriented tasks with long term strategy and scale initiatives. Most of all, you must be passionate about what you create and about the impact it can have. That matters to us, a lot.
Skills & requirements
- Extending core business logic within a shared backend codebase
- Architecting, modifying, and working with SQL-based Databases
- Developing, maintaining, and supporting automation test suites
- Experience building, specifying, and consuming RESTful APIs
- Working closely with Product, QA, and other Engineers, in a cross functional vertical team, and a willingness to play any role necessary within that team
Nice to have Experience
- Excellence in Scala, or a strong history with other functional languages
- Node, React, and other Js technologies
- Microservice architecture patterns
- Devops or sysops background, especially with Docker, and AWS services
- An understanding of SRE best practices, such as post-mortems, logging, alerting, and toil reduction
- CS Degree
Day to day you may additionally…
- Collaborate closely with other Senior Engineers and the rest of the Vestwell team to determine architecture for our core services
- Work with both engineering and product teams to drive solution design
- Create complex logical frameworks, workflows, RESTful API endpoints, and JSON formats to exchange key data with the rest of the platform
- Help plan, automate and scale our infrastructure
- Provide production support and train the junior engineers