The DevOps Engineer will have comfort with collaboration, open communication and the ability to reach across functional borders. A successful candidate will confidently solve organizational problems and improve business processes and outcomes. Working closely with the development team, this position integrates the knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service.
As a DevOps engineer, you will work with development staff to configure and deploy the various processes and tools of DevOps.
- Design, build, and operate a technology stack.
- Effectively communicate with teams to provide cross-functional leadership
- Ensure operational best practices by working closely with the deployment/release teams.
- Connect technical and business goals
- Set up processes and automation for monitoring, alerting, logging & error tracking
- Build dashboards and metrics to create more insight into infrastructure and systems
Skills & Requirements
- Strong Linux administration skills, good understanding of networks and storage
- Strong knowledge of scripting languages
- Strong grasp of automation/configuration management
- Familiarity with Continuous Delivery and Integration practices
- Has a deep understanding and can support the installation and administration of various supporting services
- Current with industry trends, IT ops and industry best practices, and able to identify the ones we should implement
- Time and project management skills, with the capability to prioritize and multitask as needed
- Comfort with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment
- Contribute to our efforts to simplify deployment environments
- Cloud (AWS, Azure)
- 4+ years of professional experience as a devops or systems engineer
- Agile mindset and focus on building the right things for the business and customers
- Experience with building real world scalable, reliable and secure solutions
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
Tools we use Git, Bash, Ubuntu, Java, Maven, Clojure, Terraform, Packer, Docker, VMware vSphere, Prometheus, Grafana, Slack, Trello, Gitlab, MSSQL, PostgreSQL
Nice to have
- Data management skills