vestr is a Swiss FinTech startup founded in 2017. Our mission is to automate the entire value chain for Actively Managed Certificates (AMCs) - a family of financial products that is very similar in character to investment funds. We digitize the life-cycle management, trade execution and reporting for these products. Our product’s core engine relies on an event-driven, service-oriented Node.js framework written in TypeScript.
End clients, which include one of Europe’s largest private banks, can choose between a managed service, entirely hosted in Switzerland, and an on-premises solution.
While headquartered in Switzerland and with offices in Lviv, Ukraine, we are also accustomed to working in distributed teams. To expand the international scrum team, we are currently looking for an experienced Back-End TypeScript developer.
- Become part of our experienced and highly skilled scrum team
- Help develop and extend our CQRS-driven, service-oriented backend
- Design decoupled, fail-safe workflows to carry out complex tasks such as portfolio rebalancing, corporate actions, and trade executions
- Explore and implement quantitative tasks such as time series analysis
- Extend our event sourcing framework to produce perfect audit trails for our customers
- Offices are located in Lviv, but you can work from anywhere in the country.
Skills and responsibilities
- Solid experience in Node.js development. Preferably, relevant experience with TypeScript in conjunction with Node.js, Express, and Apollo.
- Extensive experience in design and implementation of distributed architectures, solid experience with RESTful APIs, RPCs, and message brokering
- Working knowledge of building GraphQL service layers
- Working knowledge of RabbitMQ, MongoDB, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Conceptual knowledge of DDD, CQRS, Event Sourcing, Micro-Services Architectures, SOA, and more.
- Conceptual knowledge of design patterns in OOP and functional programming paradigms
- Experience with other back-end technologies like Java or .NET is a plus
- Good English skills (oral and written)
- Clear and reliable communication
- Enjoys working in a team.
What we offer
- Medical insurance.
- Flexible working hours.
- Ability to work from home 20% of your time.
- 25 business days of fully paid annual leave, 10 business days of fully paid sick leave (annual).
- Courses of English and German.
- Comfortable and friendly environment at the office.
A Master’s degree in computer science, mathematics, physics, or engineering is a plus. Prior financial services experience is also an asset but not a requirement.